Connect Dimension records to Outlook calendars
In order to start synchronising GoMeddo Dimension records with Outlook calendars, a link needs to be created for each Dimension record you want to sync. This article explains how to do this.
Before you set up Dimension records for Outlook, you should have set up Authentication for Outlook: Setup Outlook Authentication
Set up Dimensions for Outlook sync
First we have to tell GoMeddo what dimensions we would like to sync to Outlook. If you want to sync Resource or Staff records, you can skip step 1-4
- Go to Object Manager
- Go to the Sync Connection object
- Go to the Fields & Relationships section
Create a lookup field to the Dimension object you want to sync. You can give it any name.
- Navigate to the Dimensions tab
- Click on the Dimension you want to sync
- Fill in the API Name of the field you just created (or that already existed for Resource (B25__Resource__c) and Staff (B25__Staff__c)) in the Sync Field (you may need to add this field to the page layout)
- If you have multiple Dimension Fields for this Dimension, go to each Dimension Field record, and set an Outlook Sync Priority (you may need to add this field to the page layout). The lower the number, the higher the priority. Number 1 will be the Outlook calendar to which a Reservation is synced, while lower numbers will be invited as attendees
Create Sync Connections
Now we need to create a Sync Connection record for each Dimension record you want to sync.
- Navigate to the Sync Connections tab in the
- Click New
- Fill the Dimension lookup with the record you want to sync to Outlook. This could be the lookup you created in the previous steps, or a Resource or Staff record
- In the User Id field, fill in the Outlook email address of the Outlook User / Outlook Resource to which you want to sync GoMeddo Reservations.
- Change the User Type field to 'Resource' if the Outlook ID in the previous step is the ID of an Outlook Resource user, instead of regular Outlook user
- (Optional) Specify the name of the Calendar Name to which you want to sync the GoMeddo Reservations. If empty, the GoMeddo Reservations are synced to the Outlook user's primary calendar
- (Optional) Check Activate After Validation. On insert of this record, GoMeddo will attempt to make a connection with this Outlook calendar and get required information no matter the value of this field. If this succeeds, the connection is marked as 'Valid'. If you check Activate After Validation it will also be activated, setting the Active checkbox.
- Click Save
- Wait for GoMeddo to validate the connection, this may take a few seconds and you may need to refresh the newly created record page. When the connection is validated, the valid checkbox will be checked. If an error occurs during validation, an Outlook Sync Error record will be created as a child record of the newly created record.
Failed connection validation:
Successful connection validation:
Any Reservations created on the specified Dimension record wil now be synced to the specified Outlook calendar.